Monday, August 26, 2013

UPT

 Urine Pregnancy Test (UPT) Kit.

The thought came when I was 6 days late for my normal period. I however don't even mention that to my husband. But, i did spread the news to my Jimbangans friend.

One of them asked me to do UPT.
Two of them (the married one) asked me to give some time - another week, just to be sure.
One of them asked me to get to the doctor - skip the UPT.

So that day im using different route to drive back home. Purposely, yes. So that i can get the cheapest UPT stick. I went to Watson and ask the sales girl where should i go. Then she showed me the counter - whoaaa... too many UPT to choose from. As mentioned earlier, yep, i choose the cheapest one so that i do not waste any money if the result is -ve.

I did informed to my dear husband that day that I bought the UPT stick but not going to pee on it just yet. Maybe another 2 or 3 days - I lied. I just couldn't sleep that night. I was so nervous yet i want it to be +ve. I have this kinda feeling - not knowing what is wrong with me.

I don't know how, I was suddenly awake by 4am. Damnnn it. How la you can woke up this early azura oii..

So bathroom i went. Then i realize i left the UPT stick in my bedroom. So I went back to my bedroom tiptoed just to make sure i did not wake my husband up.. but I guess.. the sound of the plastic and me being pencuri-at-our-own-place DID wake him up a bit. But he continue to sleep anyways.

So out i go. Read the manual - what are things need to bring along while peeing on the stick:
1. Timer
2. Cup (provided)
3. UPT stick

So i was like.. where do i get the timer? Oh silly me, your handphone has timer, you idiot! Tiptoe again to my room to take the handphone. Re-read the instruction again and again (so I wont waste the UPT stick).

1. Pee on the cup provided.
2. Stick the UPT stick in the cup - refer to your timer. Make sure it is not more than 3 seconds. (Whatt? 3 second also need timer ar?) Gila saiko la this UPT.
3. Wait for the pink line to appear. Single line means -ve, while double line means +ve.
4. After 3 seconds, throw away the stick as it is no longer can be used.

So i stick it in the cup. Waited 3 seconds. Ohhhh this time it felt like hours! very the drama queen la you!

And i can see the double line CLEARLY.



How to read the result (in the manual) it stated that :

1. Positive (two lines) - This indicates that you are pregnant.
2. Negative (one line) - This indicates that no pregnancy has been detected.

And i was like.... (Letak tangan kat mulut yang ternganga besar..mata macam nak terkeluar, tangan shaking giler.. even the UPT stick to pun shaking je aku tengok)

And aku terus snap the result.. dan terus whatsApp-ing to my big sister yang that time was in India. And also to my Jimbangans friend. Then only aku buang the stick in the dustbin and hurried back to my dear husband who is practically still sleeping. And I was like.. goyang-goyangkan badan dia.. slowly.. and he woke up. And "Abid.. ct pregnant," aku cakap camtu. Tanpa perasaan okey! Aku rasa blur giler that time. Suami aku terkebil-kebil pandang aku "Okey," that sambung tido balik. Ok, fine.

Then kami sambung tidur dan tak lama lepas tu he wake me up for subuh prayer. Pastu aku nampak dia macam selongkar dustbin.

"Kenapa tak kejut abid masa check ni tadi?" He asked after he found the UPT stick with the instruction manual in the dustbin.
"Hm.. ct takut negative. Kesian pulak kejut abid tapi -ve.." Aku jawab slow-slow.
"Ni line doube ni maksud dia apa?" He asked again while reading the manual.
"Double line means +ve pregnant," Aku jawab.
"Okey, malam ni lepas balik kerja kita gi scan kat klinik k?" Cadang si suami.

After that kami solat subuh berjemaah dan lepas solat, my dear husband kiss me on my forehead and i can hear him saying "Alhamdulillah,"

Subhanallah, Alhamdulillah..

(This was 1st of March 2013 - 4.45am)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...